Article: December 2016 Frenchie of the Month Winners!!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Great pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Cool, congrats to both of you. Great pics. :)

Fosta Mama

Reaction score
Rocco and I thank you!

Rocco is a pretty special pup. The end of January will mark 2 years that Rocco has been here. He started off as a foster dog for most of that time.

He was turned over to the rescue group after being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. It was clear that Rocco wasn't particularly cared for very well in his first home. His ears are scarred and shriveled up due to untreated hematomas. He spent 6 years with his first family, but all he came with was a broken crate, half a bag of dog food, a vial of insulin, box of syringes, and a Sharps container. No toys, no collar or leash, no bed or blanket.

Rocco and I learned together how to check his blood sugar at home. We check it twice a day. He is very good, as it's become part of our daily routine. I also learned all I could about canine diabetes, and offer to mentor newly diagnosed dogs' owners at my vet's office and at the specialty vet's office.

Rocco has been through a lot, having to leave his family, sick with diabetes, a double ear infection, and a urinary tract infection; having to learn a whole new routine regarding testing and injecting; and adjusting to a new life here. He's taken it all in stride, as most dogs to, but he suffers greatly from separation anxiety. I must be in his sight at all times when at home, or he goes a bit crazy looking for me. We've come to accept Rocco and his oddities.

Rocco is home, and he is a happy, healthy boy! Just the way I like it!

Here is an old video of how I check his blood sugar and give his insulin shots.

https://youtu.be/Oo_Zo2ceWxo

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
Congrats Rocco!! I love that dog!! Wally and his drool thank everyone for the runner up votes. :D

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Congratulations to you both!!! Great photos!

turbodave

Reaction score
Congrats to the winners!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mavis

Reaction score
Congratulations to Fosta and Squishy!!! Great pics!