Bravo Homestyle Complete

kpromero

Reaction score
Could be environmental allergy or food allergy. Jax broke out in a rash and got bumps when I tried out turkey. I would try a different protein other than chicken as chicken can be a common allergen.

I had the intradermal allergy test done on Jax but it didn't test for food. But found out he is allergic to several types of grass, trees, shrubs, weeds. He has been on Apoquel for a couple of years and needs it daily. To figure out any food issues, it has been trial and error. I sometimes do an apple cider vinegar rinse on Jax.

I heard the sugars in ACV can feed the yeast even more and to use regular vinegar instead

kpromero

Reaction score
I allergy tested both of mine for environmental allergies. We gave Jake allergy shots for approximately 1 1/2 years with very little improvement. He is on Apoquel now and doing much better. I switched Stella to Apoquel from Cyclosporine also and she is doing great. It's hard to determine the cause of allergies and keeping them comfortable is also difficult sometimes. Have you tried any antihistamines like Claritin, Zyrtec or Hydroxyzine? The steroid shot will only be helpful in the short term so you will need to find another treatment as you don't want to give her steroids long term.
We also titer test, but we have to get the rabies vaccine by law in CA. I don't agree that you need to titer test every year either. Check out Dr. Jean Dodds blog on titer testing.

I tried Claritin and Benadryl. She would get these small bumps on her sides but the GentaSpray would get rid of them within a day. I dont know if it was a fluke but she had the small bumps before raw feeding but then her stomach was covered with red tiny bumps in the picture. i also noticed that when taking her outside she did not really want to go in the grass like she use to and would pee on the side walk instead which was very weird and had me thinking that she knows something is up by going in the grass.

kpromero

Reaction score
I am also getting a free 6 lb sample of lamb raw from barfworld.com to try. They think this will better fit my allergy issue and so nice of them to do

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard the sugars in ACV can feed the yeast even more and to use regular vinegar instead

I've heard that as well but I have never had any issues when I have done it.

KimB3384

Reaction score

The inside of Beezy's leg looked like that after a couple of days on her new canned salmon food. I am nearly certain it was a reaction to the xanthan gum because she's had salmon in other formats and never had a reaction. Plus, I took her off the food and it cleared right up. I treated it with a diluted iodine mix (iodine plus water until it's the color of iced tea). I don't use the ACV or honey because of our yeast issues, but I've heard good things about them.

I'm nearly positive we're due for a 3-year rabies deal this December. I'm going to ask about a titer test and see what they say. I might be out of luck, though, because I'm pretty sure it's one of those required things in our area.

Are you doing the lamb yet?

kpromero

Reaction score
The inside of Beezy's leg looked like that after a couple of days on her new canned salmon food. I am nearly certain it was a reaction to the xanthan gum because she's had salmon in other formats and never had a reaction. Plus, I took her off the food and it cleared right up. I treated it with a diluted iodine mix (iodine plus water until it's the color of iced tea). I don't use the ACV or honey because of our yeast issues, but I've heard good things about them.

I'm nearly positive we're due for a 3-year rabies deal this December. I'm going to ask about a titer test and see what they say. I might be out of luck, though, because I'm pretty sure it's one of those required things in our area.

Are you doing the lamb yet?
Yes Kim, on Lamb for a week now and no change which makes me think it's something outside. Also heard bee pollen is really good too

KimB3384

Reaction score
Also heard bee pollen is really good too

OK, you try it and let us know. If it works for you, I know there are a TON of people on this board who'll jump on that (including me). And, yes, it certainly sounds like it could be something outside. Wunderground gives an allergy report for tree, grass, and weed pollens. I notice that Beezy tends to get itchy when weed pollen is up, which it is right now. So I can't tell if her recent bout of scratching is related to the new venison or to the pollen. I wish there was a stick she could pee on that would tell me what her issues are. Things would be soooooo much easier!