Ears Falling

Mavis

Reaction score
Our frenchie, Bambi, is ten years old. She has a slight cauliflower ear that she developed about four years ago from head shaking. We thought she had a bee sting and didn't take her to the vet. It's never been a problem until about four months ago. Her ear started to fall and now is in that position most of the time unless she is on high alert or excited. What has me really concerned is that this morning I noticed - for the first time - that her left ear, which has always been normal, is starting to fall. It has been sporadic this morning, but that is how the other one started out and is now almost a permanent thing. I don't know what to do or why this is happening. Our vet did not have any suggestions when I brought the other one to her attention. I'm wondering if kefer or calcium might help? Any suggestions are appreciated.Ears.jpg

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Our frenchie, Bambi, is ten years old. She has a slight cauliflower ear that she developed about four years ago from head shaking. We thought she had a bee sting and didn't take her to the vet. It's never been a problem until about four months ago. Her ear started to fall and now is in that position most of the time unless she is on high alert or excited. What has me really concerned is that this morning I noticed - for the first time - that her left ear, which has always been normal, is starting to fall. It has been sporadic this morning, but that is how the other one started out and is now almost a permanent thing. I don't know what to do or why this is happening. Our vet did not have any suggestions when I brought the other one to her attention. I'm wondering if kefer or calcium might help? Any suggestions are appreciated.View attachment 14419

I heard calcium deficiency could cause this, but I thought it was in pups. [MENTION=4]davidh[/MENTION] any insight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I can’t answer your question but just wanted to say we’ve missed you and Bambi!!! Hope all is well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mavis

Reaction score
Thank you so much. When I got back on the forum, I was so happy to see so many of the same friends - including you!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
[MENTION=1070]Mavis[/MENTION] sometimes when they age their ears will get thin and this can happen. One of our senior girls JLO, who is 8 now, her ears are getting thin and sometimes will bend backwards. I'm sure in a few years they will start to come down. Calcium can help but no guarantee.