Essential oil uses Please share

Baer Rios

Reaction score
Anyone have any good uses for essential oils? I think I have to switch to essential oils for home freshening. The wax warmer seems to make my little guy reverse sneeze, and i've read that that could happen with dogs.

Honeys Owners

Reaction score
I make up a mixture of 5 drops tea tree oil and 5 drops oil of cloves in 2 oz ( 60cc ) of witch hazel and put some on a cosmetic round pad if Honey's ears need cleaning. I also sometimes use a mixture of 25% apple cider vinegar and 75% witch hazel for the same purpose.

On the English bulldog group they like a mixture of 15 drops lavender, 15 drops geranium,15 drops frankincense,15 drops basil, 10 drops arborvitae or thuja, in a 2 oz bottle filled 3/4 full with fractionated coconut oil. They use it for tail pockets, or once a week for ears. Check out their thread at Essential Oils

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score
Yes, I would definitely avoid candles around pets.

I have a diffuser and typically diffuse lemon grass, as it's our favorite. I also only diffuse when they can move to the other room if they want - not when they are created - and try not to use too many drops at a time.

Baer Rios

Reaction score
thank you . Baer is just as allergy prone as I am. I feel his pain lol

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I use a diffuser in the room. I have also rubbed Frankincense directly on Jax as well as myself. Just make sure you use oils that are safe for pets. If you use topically, most oils need to be mixed with a carrier oil.

1aeb965290ba3a648e33d381cfc17dee.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomara

Reaction score
I use a defuser also. Health alternative to candles and sprays. I need a scent called “ calm your *** down dog”[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk