Frenchie Harness

Mavis

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a frenchie harness that is easy to put on and doesn't cut them in the underarms?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey ther... sorry, I do not, I use a martingale collar for Chelios

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I use an EZY Dog harness for Jax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffc

Reaction score
We use the Joy Ride harness, it’s easy to put on the pups.

Mschmidt

Reaction score
Hey ther... sorry, I do not, I use a martingale collar for Chelios

Hello! I was actually looking into getting a martingale collar for Hudson since he is a big puller. Which brand do you use? Thanks!

Right now, we are using the harnesses from Frenchie Bulldog for both Brooklyn and Hudson and they seem to be pretty good in the armpit area.

Mavis

Reaction score
Price is right on this one.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello! I was actually looking into getting a martingale collar for Hudson since he is a big puller. Which brand do you use? Thanks!

Right now, we are using the harnesses from Frenchie Bulldog for both Brooklyn and Hudson and they seem to be pretty good in the armpit area.

Chelios’ is ‘RC Canine equipment’. I love it because it still buckles and I do not have to slide over head. Lambeau is over the head, and it is always having to be adjusted.

94bb2e9c33fb6c9ba3bf78489bae5863.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mschmidt

Reaction score
Chelios’ is ‘RC Canine equipment’. I love it because it still buckles and I do not have to slide over head. Lambeau is over the head, and it is always having to be adjusted.

94bb2e9c33fb6c9ba3bf78489bae5863.jpg

Thanks! I will look into that. Hoping this will help Hudson because he is tough to walk!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! I will look into that. Hoping this will help Hudson because he is tough to walk!

When you get this collar... Give a good yank, stop walking and say ‘heel’. It will take time out it will help lessen the issues. When Cheli sees a squirrel.. all bets are off and I have to play blocker

Mschmidt

Reaction score
When you get this collar... Give a good yank, stop walking and say ‘heel’. It will take time out it will help lessen the issues. When Cheli sees a squirrel.. all bets are off and I have to play blocker

Thank you for that tip! I will definitely try that. The issues we are having is when there is another dog or person walking. He will pull/lunge forward and scream at them. I’ve tried distracting him with all kinds of treats and it has not work so I’m thinking the next step is to work with the martingale collar!

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
I don't agree with anything that puts pressure on the neck in a brachy breed. Just imo.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for that tip! I will definitely try that. The issues we are having is when there is another dog or person walking. He will pull/lunge forward and scream at them. I’ve tried distracting him with all kinds of treats and it has not work so I’m thinking the next step is to work with the martingale collar!

If you know the trigger, stop him before he starts if you can... ‘a gentle tug with the firm command .. leave it... and if needed, block him, stand in front

Mschmidt

Reaction score
If you know the trigger, stop him before he starts if you can... ‘a gentle tug with the firm command .. leave it... and if needed, block him, stand in front

I think we have an idea of his triggers. The problem is trying to find them before he does LOL. Most of the time, he will start and I don’t see anything until we turn the corner and see another dog or person down the street.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
I think we have an idea of his triggers. The problem is trying to find them before he does LOL. Most of the time, he will start and I don’t see anything until we turn the corner and see another dog or person down the street.

This is my exact life. My dog walks great on a leash until there is even a whisper of another dog within a mile. She can walk past a person, no problem. But if they have a dog, forget it. Over the years I have made a ton of progress using the leave it command with a high value treat (mine is completely bonkers over food so is motivated), but a few encounters with off leash dogs approaching her aggressively, set back our progress. I had gotten her to not react at all when another dog was approaching but that's out the window now. I've had two trainers evaluate her (both trainers had VERY different styles). The one I chose to work with saw first hand how she becomes crazed, lunging and screaming at another dog. We did a few sessions, he gave me some tips, and we've been working on it. It is so difficult and exhausting, though. I don't have a fenced yard and have to walk her several times per day. I make sure I am always scanning the horizon for an oncoming dog, and most of the time I end up just picking her up and walking by the person if I can't go the other direction. Admittedly it is doing nothing to help her, but it is better than struggling with her at this point. I do practice every day on our afternoon walk, with treats and "watch me/leave it" commands. I'd say she is getting a smidge more reliable. Our case here is weird because she seems to dislike certain dogs, and others she will glance at across the street, but not react much. She's a tough nut to crack!

bigislandgrrl

Reaction score
Yes! This is our experience with our adopted female - Our two others are absolutely fine in all scenarios, but this female is just plain neurotic! We have done what we can, so now we have her scheduled for a 3 week intensive boarding school. Ive been told by other clients that it will be like picking up a whole new dog at the end of training. We shall see, I'm going to keep my excitement grounded. They did say if we got her under control, she might be a good candidate to move on to protection training... now that would be a sight!

Mschmidt

Reaction score
This is my exact life. My dog walks great on a leash until there is even a whisper of another dog within a mile. She can walk past a person, no problem. But if they have a dog, forget it. Over the years I have made a ton of progress using the leave it command with a high value treat (mine is completely bonkers over food so is motivated), but a few encounters with off leash dogs approaching her aggressively, set back our progress. I had gotten her to not react at all when another dog was approaching but that's out the window now. I've had two trainers evaluate her (both trainers had VERY different styles). The one I chose to work with saw first hand how she becomes crazed, lunging and screaming at another dog. We did a few sessions, he gave me some tips, and we've been working on it. It is so difficult and exhausting, though. I don't have a fenced yard and have to walk her several times per day. I make sure I am always scanning the horizon for an oncoming dog, and most of the time I end up just picking her up and walking by the person if I can't go the other direction. Admittedly it is doing nothing to help her, but it is better than struggling with her at this point. I do practice every day on our afternoon walk, with treats and "watch me/leave it" commands. I'd say she is getting a smidge more reliable. Our case here is weird because she seems to dislike certain dogs, and others she will glance at across the street, but not react much. She's a tough nut to crack!

Interesting! I’m glad that Hudson is not the only one lol. And he is the same. Certain dogs will trigger him worse than others. At the dog park, he has this thing where he has to sort of nip at the dog then he goes back to playing with his ball. I’ve tried to use high value treats but once he gets going it’s hard to get him to focus!

Mschmidt

Reaction score
Yes! This is our experience with our adopted female - Our two others are absolutely fine in all scenarios, but this female is just plain neurotic! We have done what we can, so now we have her scheduled for a 3 week intensive boarding school. Ive been told by other clients that it will be like picking up a whole new dog at the end of training. We shall see, I'm going to keep my excitement grounded. They did say if we got her under control, she might be a good candidate to move on to protection training... now that would be a sight!

Let me know how the boarding school goes! We’ve been thinking about going that route but unsure about it.

Lee

Reaction score
I just purchaced the EZ Dog harness and my Frenchie loves it. Easy to get on/off and it's so secure. Also does not put any pressure on his neck and throat. Some of the comments in this thread are disturbing to me. Sounds like training in needed, not jerking and pulling.

bigislandgrrl

Reaction score
So our Oshie came back this past weekend from 3 week boarding school and I have to say she is very much transformed. Now dont get me wrong, we still have a lot of work to do, but I already see such a difference I am totally pleased - she even seems so much happier now that she knows what the rules are. Now Ill be truthful, it was $1500 - but that being said, a regular board is going to run about $50 a day anyway so ultimately not that bad, especially if you go on vacation and have a reason to board anyways. We still have 8 group classes and two one on ones left in our package. Ill update later in the year once we are through a majority of the remaining classes.