Newbie!

NurseKarin

Reaction score
GM! My name is Karin with an i, so I am not a Karen. Lol Anyway, my baby is 5 and he is a blue fawn. His name is August Casper Moon Pie. He’s goofy, crazy, a bully and the most loving dog around. Never met a stranger, because we all know everyone is here to give him back scratches and belly rubs. I am so happy to have found this group as I don’t believe his vet knows the breed well enough. He has recurrent ear infections and I believe seasonal alopecia. I can’t seem to get rid of either long term. Help!!! Thanks so much!!

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
GM! My name is Karin with an i, so I am not a Karen. Lol Anyway, my baby is 5 and he is a blue fawn. His name is August Casper Moon Pie. He’s goofy, crazy, a bully and the most loving dog around. Never met a stranger, because we all know everyone is here to give him back scratches and belly rubs. I am so happy to have found this group as I don’t believe his vet knows the breed well enough. He has recurrent ear infections and I believe seasonal alopecia. I can’t seem to get rid of either long term. Help!!! Thanks so much!!

Welcome!

For the ear infections and alopecia:

When you clean his ears, what do you get? Dark brown or black wax?

Are they always infected or do they flare up off an on??

Does he itch his ears lots?

Does he scratch anywhere other than his ears, have red irritated skin, bumps/hives, fur loss, or licking paws??? Any of those signs?

If so that can be allergies, which is very common.

There is stuff you can give that I found very helpful if it’s allergies.

Alopecia can actually be caused by allergies too(Rusty has it from allergies which have been manageable).

What do you feed him???

Allergies and ear issues can definitely be caused by food and also be treated thru good diet. Same goes for yeasty ears.

Any photos of your pup?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL... love the intro! Welcome! The ear issues could be environmental allergies, my bulldog suffers from this and a few things that sometimes help are keeping ear clean, ensure he is on a high quality food with no white potatoes (they feed the yeast) and you can place lavender oil around the ear.. not in . You can take a q-tip, and place the oil around the inner ear, it will help keep the ear clear.

🆕 Latest posts