She hates the car Carrier

Semblue

Reaction score
Hello everyone, My baby gurl is 9 weeks and ready hates the car carrier. asnyone else have this problem? What’s something that you use?
Any suggestions on getting her more comfortable?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8243.jpeg
    IMG_8243.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8060.jpeg
    IMG_8060.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 5
Welcome to FBN. What does she hate? The ride? The seat? Or not being with you?

Also trying to get our pup used to the car. She starts drooling buckets the second the car starts and has also been getting sick. Been trying to do short trips to acclimate her to it. We want to be able to take her places with us.

Also trying to get our pup used to the car. She starts drooling buckets the second the car starts and has also been getting sick. Been trying to do short trips to acclimate her to it. We want to be able to take her places with us.
She is beautiful 😻

Try a little benedryl.. 1 mg per pound of pup

I had this issue and found, for me at least, that I perhaps just assumed he would be ok. I then simply sat in the car with him for a bit of play or simply putting him in the back seat and lots of praise when he just sat. I then progressed it by 5-10 seconds over the next few days. I kept these sessions to only a few mins max.

It soon progressed to me closing the door and standing there, and again praising him when he was quiet and settled. After about a week of this we were able to do short drives around the estate and soon after the back seat became his second bed :)

With any sort of training, short sessions worked best for me.

Good luck

Back