Joeturbo26
New member
- Joined
- Apr 25, 2016
- Messages
- 371
- Reaction score
- 4
Morning Furiends!
So Ricos had his BOAS surgery on Thursday. It was done with laser, so he doesn’t have any stitches.
He’s on antibiotics (Clavamox) and he no longer seems to be in any pain or discomfort.
But my questions for those of you who’ve had experience with the surgery, more specifically with a laser...
1. He has a lot of clear discharge from his nose, the vet doesn’t seem to be concerned—and I trust him but was wondering if you experienced this as well?
2. Because of the discharge and of course the lasered tissue his nose is VERY crusty. Do you think it’s safe 3 days post op to use a little coconut oil to loosen the crust on his nose, since it’s definitely obstructing his newly widened Nares.
I don’t know how sensitive the area is, and I’m scared to rub it too hard with a warm towel!
I’d love your input/advice and feedback!
Here’s a photo of his crusty nose!
So Ricos had his BOAS surgery on Thursday. It was done with laser, so he doesn’t have any stitches.
He’s on antibiotics (Clavamox) and he no longer seems to be in any pain or discomfort.
But my questions for those of you who’ve had experience with the surgery, more specifically with a laser...
1. He has a lot of clear discharge from his nose, the vet doesn’t seem to be concerned—and I trust him but was wondering if you experienced this as well?
2. Because of the discharge and of course the lasered tissue his nose is VERY crusty. Do you think it’s safe 3 days post op to use a little coconut oil to loosen the crust on his nose, since it’s definitely obstructing his newly widened Nares.
I don’t know how sensitive the area is, and I’m scared to rub it too hard with a warm towel!
I’d love your input/advice and feedback!
Here’s a photo of his crusty nose!







