Tough toys review

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
As I posted last week I bought a few toys for the dogs on Amazon that arrived on Friday. It was a long weekend for us in Ontario so they had 3 full days to play with the toys and since it was so cold outside they played with them constantly.

This is a MUST buy for those who have vicious toy destroyers:
Jolly Pets 6-Inch Romp-N-Roll Blueberry Ball: Amazon.ca: Pet Supplies

Uma thinks that every toy that comes to our house must be destroyed, it's like she's got a personal vendetta against them. :facepalm: Wally is learning her crazy ways and they both have attacked and chewed this ball for 3 days straight but it's still in tact. I can't believe it! I got the 6" ball, here's a pic to show the size compared to Wally.
DSC_0396.jpg

I also bought this treat ball that I also recommend as it too is still standing. Wally hasn't quite figured out how it works, he tries to bite through the ball to get at the treats. Silly Walter.
Planet Dog Mazee, Green: Amazon.ca: Pet Supplies
It's a soft ball, not hard, so they can carry it around. They both have chewed on it relentlessly but it's still in tact.
DSC_0422.jpg

I would only recommend this toy if you have a high tolerance for annoying squeaky noises, which luckily I do. :p
Outward Hound Kyjen 32050 Squeaker Matz Hedgehog 16-Squeaker Plush Squeak Toy Dog Toys, Large, Green: Amazon.ca: Pet Supplies
There are 16 squeakers in this toy and by day 2 all squeakers were ripped out and thrown in the garbage. The only stuffing is in the head of the toy, which Wally & Uma went for first. I called them zombies since they wanted the 'brains' first. :D But by day 3 I had to throw the toy out as they kept ripping pieces off and I didn't want them to swallow any of it. It was an expensive toy test. I won't buy this one again as it didn't last long enough. Wally sure loved it though. He loves squeaky things.
DSC_0376.jpg
Yes Uma is eating its face.
DSC_0382.jpg

Wally was very pleased with the toys.
IMG_20160214_121752.jpg

hannah

Reaction score
Awww!! Im so glad to hear the jolly toy worked out!!! Is it true what they say when they call it bulldog crack?

I am going to buy one for Banksy 1st birthday on March 14th! SO EXCITED

thanks for the update

hannah

Reaction score
This is a MUST buy for those who have vicious toy destroyers:
Jolly Pets 6-Inch Romp-N-Roll Blueberry Ball: Amazon.ca: Pet Supplies

Uma thinks that every toy that comes to our house must be destroyed, it's like she's got a person vendetta against them. :facepalm: Wally is learning her crazy ways and they both have attacked and chewed this ball for 3 days straight but it's still in tact. I can't believe it! I got the 6" ball, here's a pic to show the size compared to Wally.
View attachment 8074

Are you happy with the 6 inch ball or if you could change it would you choose 8 inch?

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
Awww!! Im so glad to hear the jolly toy worked out!!! Is it true what they say when they call it bulldog crack?

I am going to buy one for Bankys 1st birthday on March 14th! SO EXCITED

thanks for the update

It sure was with my Bulldog, and my Boston. lol!

Are you happy with the 6 inch ball or if you could change it would you choose 8 inch?

The 6" is perfect for playing indoors but I may get the 8" ball for outside. More room to go bonkers. lol!

WeeDex

Reaction score
Thanks for the reviews - and the pics! I'll definitely look into the Jolly toy. Dexter would love the ball/rope combo. I'm not sure I'd cope with the mat and all those squeakers!

That squid I bought is still in one piece so far. He broke the squeak in an hour, and a bit of the stitching is coming away, but so far so good!

Calle Roo

Reaction score
I just ordered the Mazee ball. Thanks so much for the recommendation. Quella loves playing with balls larger than her face. I swear it's a game all by itself to see if she can pick them up. And the prickly ones are her favourite. Doofus girl!

I just noticed this pic was taken pre-dew claw removal. So weird to see them on her in the image.

Prickly.jpg

XoXo from Quella La Roux and her mommy too!

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
I just ordered the Mazee ball. Thanks so much for the recommendation. Quella loves playing with balls larger than her face. I swear it's a game all by itself to see if she can pick them up. And the prickly ones are her favourite. Doofus girl!

I just noticed this pic was taken pre-dew claw removal. So weird to see them on her in the image.

View attachment 8085

Wally is the same. In fact, he has the same ball. lol! I've watched both my dogs ruin a soccer ball, and a basketball. Nothing is safe around my dogs but the Planet Dog ball and Jolly Ball have stumped my little destroyers. So far.

hannah

Reaction score
I ordered the Jolly ball with the rope from my favorite pet store in town. I was going to order on Amazon but thought I would check in at the store.. it's a family owned store that is the only store in Kelowna that orders in Fromm food so we now buy everything from them! So its on order there and I cant wait! While I was there the owner suggested this Everlasting TREAT Ball® | Starmark Pet Products
So I picked up one medium size for Banksy and a small for Aiko

Banksy obsessed over it all night until he finally managed to get one of the treats out (after about an hour) and the treat is still here this morning. The ball fits 2 treats in it and you can buy more of the treats to stuff back in. the ball is a rubbery material that is "virtually indestructible" but we will see about that!

It was nice to see him so happy about it though :) Aiko didn't care too much

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
I ordered the Jolly ball with the rope from my favorite pet store in town. I was going to order on Amazon but thought I would check in at the store.. it's a family owned store that is the only store in Kelowna that orders in Fromm food so we now buy everything from them! So its on order there and I cant wait! While I was there the owner suggested this Everlasting TREAT Ball® | Starmark Pet Products
So I picked up one medium size for Banksy and a small for Aiko

Banksy obsessed over it all night until he finally managed to get one of the treats out (after about an hour) and the treat is still here this morning. The ball fits 2 treats in it and you can buy more of the treats to stuff back in. the ball is a rubbery material that is "virtually indestructible" but we will see about that!

It was nice to see him so happy about it though :) Aiko didn't care too much

Nice!! I wish my local store carried the products I wanted but sadly they didn't. I'm going to bookmark that link for future reference.

Wally just learned this morning that rolling the treat ball gets the treats out, not trying to bite through it. It took him a week but he got it eventually. Silly little man. :)

Calle Roo

Reaction score
Q-Roux loves her new toy. I put a few treats in it earlier and now I put all of her kibble in it. She's been at it for 10 mins. Pieces fall out of the small hole so when she goes to eat it, she rolls it with her nose and more fall out. She hasnt gotten to the point where she intentionally moves it with her paw, but I'm glad it's keeping her intertained and focused.

Update: She finally figured out that rolling it with her paw makes the food fall out. I've fed her last breakfast and dinner that way. Instead of her inhaling her food, she is more paced this way.

5c99615f5d120a4eaf74d8740ceaabd7.jpg