Guess what!?

Tgirl

Reaction score
I'm getting one! Not until next Summer, but I'm getting one! My husband, daughters, and I went to visit with a breeder yesterday to meet a couple females she is going to retire next Summer. Well, mainly one because it's the one that will be ready first and the breeder seemed to think she would be the best fit for us. She shows her dogs, all are tested for things associated with the breed, etc. She wanted us to see where they live, meet them, and all that good stuff. Great breeder, and really nice too. Myu huband and kids had never seen a Frenchie except in pictures or videos, so I was excited for that too. We went in and all these adorable Frenchies were running around. OMG! I just sat in the hallway and was in heaven! The one that she wanted us to look at was perfect! I mean if every dog there had been available, I would have still chosen her! She loved being petted. The other dogs all came to greet us, but went on to play, or do other things but she stayed there with us the WHOLE time. We were all petting and loving on her, and she just layed down and put her head in my 7 year old's lap and closed her eyes. The breeder says she would love nothing more than to lay around and be petted all day. That's what we wanted!! Her little snorting and omg I just can't even explain how excited I am!

MaplesMommy

Reaction score
Oh wow! I am soo happy for you :) That sounds like a perfect match :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
:clap: That is totally fantastic.... What a wonder find! Congrats

Schimpfy

Reaction score
An incredible start / ending the perfect way to chose or be chosen - so happy for you.
As mentioned before the right thing will come along and it has Congrats - now the wait will be the hardest

blushy

Reaction score
You're going to seriously be so filled with anticipation that you're going to burst! But at least there is plenty of time to prepare for all things frenchie! And learn so much through this forum!

Congrats on being "chosen" by the perfect frenchie for your family!

She will bring you so much happiness! I can't wait to see her!

Tgirl

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I'm sooooo excited. It could be like 10 months though; that's like having a baby but even longer!! I am thinking of all the cute Frenchie stuff I saw the last time we were on vacation. We are going back around the holidays so I'm going to start buying stuff at some of the cool dog stores. I can't help myself. I'm thinking I am going to buy her some Christmas presents too. Hopefully the breeder will let me come bring them to her. I'm over the moon. I seriously want to cry. I have wanted one for so long, and have been looking at local breeders for over a year. This girl is going to be so spoiled! I told my husband that I'm not leaving her to go anywhere. We are going to have to start looking for dog friendly hotels or cabins once she comes!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Congrats and sounds like she had picked you and it's going to be a prefect match. I saw pics of your baby, she is a beauty. :)

Last edited:

Tgirl

Reaction score
Thank you David. I knew she was a cutie just by the pictures but when I saw her I melted! Pictures don't do her justice. So sweet and adorable. I can't wait to get her and spoil her rotten. It will be possibly 10 months before we get her. It's going to seem like forever. It will be worth it though. :)

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
That's so awesome Tgirl!!! I'm so excited for you! When it almost comes time we should post a countdown, I can't wait!

mhuinker

Reaction score
I'm getting one! Not until next Summer, but I'm getting one! My husband, daughters, and I went to visit with a breeder yesterday to meet a couple females she is going to retire next Summer. Well, mainly one because it's the one that will be ready first and the breeder seemed to think she would be the best fit for us. She shows her dogs, all are tested for things associated with the breed, etc. She wanted us to see where they live, meet them, and all that good stuff. Great breeder, and really nice too. Myu huband and kids had never seen a Frenchie except in pictures or videos, so I was excited for that too. We went in and all these adorable Frenchies were running around. OMG! I just sat in the hallway and was in heaven! The one that she wanted us to look at was perfect! I mean if every dog there had been available, I would have still chosen her! She loved being petted. The other dogs all came to greet us, but went on to play, or do other things but she stayed there with us the WHOLE time. We were all petting and loving on her, and she just layed down and put her head in my 7 year old's lap and closed her eyes. The breeder says she would love nothing more than to lay around and be petted all day. That's what we wanted!! Her little snorting and omg I just can't even explain how excited I am!

I'm so excited for you Melody!! I remember her snorting! I fell in love with this Frenchie the minute I met her!! She is very sweet and just wanted all the attention! :) How wonderful!!! Can't wait until you get her!!! :) When my husband and I met with Katie, that was our first experience with the French Bulldog as well! It was wonderful and I was really impressed with Katie!! I hope she continues to show and breed for years to come!!

Ohhhh, I just can't wait to see photos of her!!

mhuinker

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I'm sooooo excited. It could be like 10 months though; that's like having a baby but even longer!! I am thinking of all the cute Frenchie stuff I saw the last time we were on vacation. We are going back around the holidays so I'm going to start buying stuff at some of the cool dog stores. I can't help myself. I'm thinking I am going to buy her some Christmas presents too. Hopefully the breeder will let me come bring them to her. I'm over the moon. I seriously want to cry. I have wanted one for so long, and have been looking at local breeders for over a year. This girl is going to be so spoiled! I told my husband that I'm not leaving her to go anywhere. We are going to have to start looking for dog friendly hotels or cabins once she comes!

I know how excited you are! It's so wonderful! I remember that excitement when Leo and then Molly came into our lives!! :) They are blessings everyday! I can't imagine my life without them now!!!! I can't believe it's been 1 year since we adopted sweet Leo!!!!

I'm with you on not leaving them! I hate having to go to work everyday! I can't wait to see how spoiled she will be (I hesitate to use her name, because I haven't read this entire thread yet and didn't want to spoil it for you, if you haven't stated her name yet). :)

Tgirl

Reaction score
Bullmama, a countdown is a great idea!

Mhuinker, that snorting is so adorable isn't it? OMG! She stayed right there with us the whole entire time. My husband who is pretty quiet and I didn't expect him to say much about her keeps talking about her too. He even smiles when talking about what a "people dog" she is.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Bullmama, a countdown is a great idea!

Mhuinker, that snorting is so adorable isn't it? OMG! She stayed right there with us the whole entire time. My husband who is pretty quiet and I didn't expect him to say much about her keeps talking about her too. He even smiles when talking about what a "people dog" she is.

So wonderful!!! :) I'm so happy you are getting Twiggy, she was my favorite when we met them all..... her and Hershel of course, but I don't think Katie will let Hershel go!! :)

Tgirl

Reaction score
So wonderful!!! :) I'm so happy you are getting Twiggy, she was my favorite when we met them all..... her and Hershel of course, but I don't think Katie will let Hershel go!! :)

He was behind a baby gate, but we reached over and petted him some. He is a total sweetheart too!

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Aww that's so exciting. What color is she? Can't wait to see pictures of her and it sounds like a perfect match!

Schimpfy

Reaction score
Ok out of the Loop here, there are pictures that have not been shared we want to see Twiggy and who is this incredible Hershel feels like a conspiracy is a foot :tapfoot: