how much food needs a frenchie?

Priya

Reaction score
Hello,
my frenchie is 9 month old , his weight already around 14 kg! The Breeder said that is ok,
but he looks always hungry... i fed him once a day around 300 g Food that includes:

Dog Food, Curd, Rice, chicken (or sometimes mutton) and vegetables, like sweet potatoe, pumpkin, peas, broccoli etc

is that ok or he needs more? :ashamed:

Thanks for your help! :)

Priya

Reaction score
Hello,
my frenchie is 9 month old , his weight already around 14 kg! The Breeder said that is ok,
but he looks always hungry... i fed him once a day around 300 g Food that includes:

Dog Food, Curd, Rice, chicken (or sometimes mutton) and vegetables, like sweet potatoe, pumpkin, peas, broccoli etc

is that ok or he needs more? :ashamed:

Thanks for your help! :)

Priya
How many pounds is 14 kg? If he's only 9 mos I'd split his daily allowance and give half in the AM and half in the PM. My dog weighs 28.5 lbs and I feed him 1 1/2-1 3/4 cups per day of dry kibble. My dog is 18 mos and I still divide that amount in half for a 5AM and 5PM feeding. What is curd? The chicken, lamb and veggies all sound good. I don't feed rice or any type of grains because my dog has many allergies. Anyway, Welcome and do we have photos posted somewhere???? I am just seeing this and think you're a new poster :D:welcome: PS: When my dog was a pup I fed him at will. He had food down so he could eat whenever he wanted. My vet said that was fine until he was about a year old and then I could start measuring so he wouldn't get fat. My dog is a very good eater and LOVES food. He'd love me to feed him at will now but he'd be a lil chunker for sure.

Last edited:

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I feed 1/2 cup kibble 2x a day... Cheli is 3 and a very food motivated boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Priya

Reaction score
How many pounds is 14 kg?

14 kg is around 30 lbs.. problem he was suffering from tickfever when we was brought him home.. we was fighting for around 2 nights and 3 days for his life.. but he is a fighter ;-) .. the problem is that we live in 45 degrees temprature.. curd is like a plain joghourt ;-) a Milkproduct he likes very much... when we fed him and his brother (the pug) twice we had the problem that once they was not eating well or left the food... yet with one time a 1 in the afternoon all is well and at 4 or 5 they get a little snack.. Our Vet said that is so ok, but we are still thinking about the quantity of food! Allergie Problems thanks god we don't have!
Pictures i uploaded in Hello from india where i introduce myself and the boys!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
We feed our adult female Frenchies 1/2 cup of kibble twice a day. 1 cup equals 250 ml.

trishkidd24

Reaction score
For my 11 Month old Frenchie girl she gets 3/4 Cup of kibble twice a day. She is always hungry at meal time, but has a beautiful body structure... not overweight but not skinny either... She is developing her frenchy front chest muscles finally :)