Pet Insurance

Newfrenchiemom

Reaction score
Hi friends,
I have my first frenchie and wanted to ask everyone what pet insurance they use. Has anyone used spot? There are so many options, it’s hard to narrow it down to which one to use. I’ve gone through so many comments and forums but still wanted to see advice. Thank you in advance!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to FBN! I don’t use insurance, we have a credit card used just for the pups

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I use to have Nationwide Whole Pet with Wellness but they don’t offer that plan anymore.

CutieFrenchie

Reaction score
We use to have NationWide for the 1st year and been using Embrace Insurance the last 3 years. Insurance premium has been climbing every year. Her renewal is next month and it's jumping another 60%! Up to $205 a month. If I recall correctly, it started off at like $70. Then $90. Then $145. As you can see, we do have high coverage. We've played with the numbers and it doesn't reduce premiums much at all.

One thing is, it's hard to shop around after the fact bc anything that has ever been diagnosed or treated is considered preexisting by the new insurance and you'll have to jump through hoops to try and fight that to hope you'll be covered in the future.

We have insurance for catastrophic injuries. Our main concern is IVDD and we know that can run $10K+ easily. So if something like that happens in the next year that costs $10,000, it'll be about $4000 for the whole year.

Right now. We still feel like insurance premiums outweighs the risk. At this rate at some point, it won't though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240312_064137_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312_064137_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 4

Woof4Fonzie

Reaction score
Hi friends,
I have my first frenchie and wanted to ask everyone what pet insurance they use. Has anyone used spot? There are so many options, it’s hard to narrow it down to which one to use. I’ve gone through so many comments and forums but still wanted to see advice. Thank you in advance!
Hi @Newfrenchiemom! What pet insurance did you end up getting for your furbaby?

🆕 Latest posts