Thinking of switching to 100% raw.....

mhuinker

Reaction score
Currently feeding Fromm kibble with raw and some supplements (probios, milk thistle, cranberry powder and kelp).

I am completely uneducated about raw, and feed Blue Ridge Beef. I am trying to get over the fear of feeding all raw and no kibble and would really appreciate advice, thoughts, opinions, etc.

I’ve also looked into other brands of raw to consider, particularly Green Valley Pride, based in Cartersville GA.... anyone have any experience with them?

What is the difference between BARF and PREY?

Thank you in advance and HELP!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I did the switch about 16 months aha and haven’t looked back... both boys are so healthy... no ear infection, fur grew back on Lambeau, and they love it.

I buy from a local small business all made to order, frozen and mailed to my home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Alice Kable

Reaction score
WOW!!! No help here because I have never fed raw, never even considered it. Whatever you do just be really careful of contamination, raw chicken is especially bad. Also, if your pups don't eat their raw in 15 min. refrigerate it. I have cooked for my pups, just never had the nerve to go raw!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Prey is meat, bone and organ. Barf has the veggies and fruit in it. Don’t be scared!! If you handle raw meat for yourself, it’s really no difference. Wash your hands and the bowls, etc. after feeding. And you’re already feeding some raw now so there’s no difference...you’re just taking out the kibble!

I use commercial premade raw like Vital Essentials, Tucker’s, Primal, Stella & Chewy’s, Answers. I belong to a local raw food coop so get them at a little bit of a discount. I also get ground rabbit through them as well.

FroxerMom

Reaction score
I recently switched to the company that [MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] uses and so far so good. It seems to be more economical, and somehow it DID arrive frozen to my house. It comes in just under 16 ounce pouches, and mine needs 4 ounces at each serving, so each pouch is just about 2 days worth. I just started with this company a couple weeks ago and still have plenty of pouches left. I cut a frozen pouch into 4 quarters and then separate them into smaller containers until I'm ready to thaw before serving that day. I also switched from raw goat's milk, to goat milk kefir. The grind I buy has fruits and veggies.

I was scared as well, not to mention overwhelmed, but when I say that Daphne's skin and ears and interdigital furuncles cleared up in a matter of DAYS after starting raw, I am not exaggerating. I was having to drag her into the vet all the time before this. Now...nothing but annual exams (knock on wood).

What ever you decide, good luck!!

mhuinker

Reaction score
I recently switched to the company that [MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] uses and so far so good. It seems to be more economical, and somehow it DID arrive frozen to my house. It comes in just under 16 ounce pouches, and mine needs 4 ounces at each serving, so each pouch is just about 2 days worth. I just started with this company a couple weeks ago and still have plenty of pouches left. I cut a frozen pouch into 4 quarters and then separate them into smaller containers until I'm ready to thaw before serving that day. I also switched from raw goat's milk, to goat milk kefir. The grind I buy has fruits and veggies.

I was scared as well, not to mention overwhelmed, but when I say that Daphne's skin and ears and interdigital furuncles cleared up in a matter of DAYS after starting raw, I am not exaggerating. I was having to drag her into the vet all the time before this. Now...nothing but annual exams (knock on wood).

What ever you decide, good luck!!

What brand?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FroxerMom

Reaction score
[MENTION=194]mhuinker[/MENTION]
Sorry I did not see your question about brand, earlier. I see [MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] took care of it though. I still have several pouches left and just placed my second order with this company. I really like it and am going to continue using them instead of running to the store every 12 days for the Primal brand, which I'd be doing. Saving some money this way and Daphne inhales the food. :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
[MENTION=194]mhuinker[/MENTION]
Sorry I did not see your question about brand, earlier. I see [MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] took care of it though. I still have several pouches left and just placed my second order with this company. I really like it and am going to continue using them instead of running to the store every 12 days for the Primal brand, which I'd be doing. Saving some money this way and Daphne inhales the food. :)

My two are the same way, as are my sisters GSDs... never a drop left in bowls.