Having trouble walking my 7 month old frenchie Mason

Masonthefrench

Reaction score
My french bulldog mason is just about 7 months old and I am having issues walking him.. The min he sees his harness he runs away and hates putting it on.. After I finally get him to put it on and get him out of the apartment and outside he doesn't wanna walk his will just sit and start crying.. I bring treats with me and sometimes he won't even eat them.. He will poop right away and the wants to go back home!! When he's in my girlfriends parents backyard with out anything on he is fine and runs all over but the min u put a harness and leash on he doesn't wanna walk.. What do I do???

turbodave

Reaction score
My frenchies aren't particularly fond of their harness's either so I only use them for safety reasons when in the car. For walkies I use martingale collars. They don't seem to mind them at all, and because of their unique design they easilly slip on and off, but are still escape proof when pulled against, and aren't a choke type collar.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I would try a collar and see if that helps, like [MENTION=728]turbodave[/MENTION] said, try the Martingale collar.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
You also might try walking him with a friend/neighbor dog. That should encourage him to walk and keep up with the other dog.

hotrod351

Reaction score
Cesar Millan to the rescue. mines has a yard so no need for walks but i understand that a lot of people have to take there frenchies for walks to get exercise, id try watching some of Cesar Millan's videos, or buy a couple of them.

🆕 Latest posts