Hello from New York!

Will Powerr

Reaction score
Welcome from NY! Yoda is a very cool name. Skin issues? We have them too. My dog sees a dermatologist who claims chicken is one of the biggest food issues. She recommends that Dick Van Patten stuff (forget what it's called) and recommends fish based for skin and coat. I feed Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon because I like the ingredients better. Anything grain fee and fish based should be good for skin issues. Do you know if they are food based or environmental? There is an excellent article on here about skin allergies. I wished I'd had something like that to read when I first noted my dog smelled funny. It would have saved a whole lot of time. Best of luck to you Dan. Yoda is one handsome boy so I hope you'll be the best of buds!!!!

Thanks for the input. Well from what I've gotten from the previous owner. It's environmental because it comes on during fall season. He has always kept his diet with high protein based food and ever since I have taken care of him which is exactly one week now, I have also kept him in the same diet plus extra. Every year I hunt for deer for my family. We love venison and from what I see, Yoda goes crazy for them. So I made him home made venison jerky for treats. Every other day. I would scramble 2 eggs for Yoda and mix it in with his food. So far compared to the day he came home with me. He looks so much more healthier. His hair has grown back a bit and his allergies are getting better.
Even my friends that went with me to pick him up, said he looks totally different from the day we took him home. This was the same friend that said Yoda looked ugly and to bring him the English Bulldog instead. But I didn't give up on Yoda. Today when he seen Yoda, he was surprised at how well he looks in just 7 days. So in a few more weeks, he will look super healthier and strong.
BC of all the caring I've gone with him, it made me appreciate him more. I love the little guy.

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Well from what I've gotten from the previous owner. It's environmental because it comes on during fall season. He has always kept his diet with high protein based food and ever since I have taken care of him which is exactly one week now, I have also kept him in the same diet plus extra. Every year I hunt for deer for my family. We love venison and from what I see, Yoda goes crazy for them. So I made him home made venison jerky for treats. Every other day. I would scramble 2 eggs for Yoda and mix it in with his food. So far compared to the day he came home with me. He looks so much more healthier. His hair has grown back a bit and his allergies are getting better.
Even my friends that went with me to pick him up, said he looks totally different from the day we took him home. This was the same friend that said Yoda looked ugly and to bring him the English Bulldog instead. But I didn't give up on Yoda. Today when he seen Yoda, he was surprised at how well he looks in just 7 days. So in a few more weeks, he will look super healthier and strong.
BC of all the caring I've gone with him, it made me appreciate him more. I love the little guy.
Awe, that's sweet! Best wishes!!

winginit66

Reaction score
HI from Anne, Gidget, Olivia & Wilson in VA. We feed Blue Buffalo Wilderness, which comes in Chicken, Duck and Salmon and is grain free. Love the pics you have posted! Yoda looks like a sweetheart. He is also an excellent model!!!

kitkatmummy25

Reaction score
Hello :) Yoda is lovely , I know a Frenchie owner who has a Vader! I am back to raw feeding Winston & Hugo. I use BooBoo butter on their noses.

Will Powerr

Reaction score
Hello hello hello all. Thanks. We love this place. We gets so much information and with that, it helps Yoda get to better health. :D