Help! Brody, my 15 mo old Frenchie boy, got off his leash & attacked a dog that came out of its yard

sharedan

Reaction score
Help! Brody, my 15 mo old Frenchie boy, got off his leash & attacked a dog that came out of its yard

I just had a heart attack while we were taking a walk and a dog came out of the yard and Brody(28#) went into attack mode, then my heart stopped because he got out of his collar and went snarling after the female brown spotty 50# ish hunting dog. We have my 4 year old Frenchie grand puppy Napoleon (27#) staying with us while my son recuperates from surgery. I forgot to say that they have played together since Brody was 4 months old. Brody will let Napoleon take his toys and lay on his back to be submissive.They have gotten into snarling/biting fights after he was neutered in December. Most of the time I keep them separated because I don't want them to get hurt. The triggers have been toys, treats or their favorite person of the moment arriving and they fight to get to them. I started a basic puppy classes in February and he has become that crazy dog who pulls at the leash and makes a screeching sound when he first gets there until he calms down. He makes the golden doodles look calm. We also started him and my Napoleon going to doggy day care for socialization. He was there for 6 hours yesterday and he was fine. Napoleon got a time out for being snippy but then was fine for the next 4 hours. These 2 boys are my first experience with Frenchies and I love them to pieces but my heart is still beating fast after the fight while walking. We have had Airedale Terriers for 20 years and we have an Airedale puppy coming on May 2. I do baby Brody because he is so sweet except when he acts like a ferocious attack dog. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_5898.jpg
    IMG_5898.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 172

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Re: Help! Brody, my 15 mo old Frenchie boy, got off his leash & attacked a dog that came out of its

Just stay with your training, and you might even incorporate "Nothing in Life is Free" to let him know you are the alpha. He attacked the other dog, because he was protecting you. with training and time he should get better.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Re: Help! Brody, my 15 mo old Frenchie boy, got off his leash & attacked a dog that came out of its

Just stay with your training, and you might even incorporate "Nothing in Life is Free" to let him know you are the alpha. He attacked the other dog, because he was protecting you. with training and time he should get better.

I agree. Consistency is so important in training dogs.

sharedan

Reaction score

Thank you

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score

:goodpost:

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score

Good advice! I need to get back into training as Wally has become a handful on walks lately as well.

🆕 Latest posts