Can you help us?? What is this..

Yes he was tested for mites/mange- they said about 7/8 months ago that it was garden mites and they had all left his body but they said they couldn’t be 100% sure that’s what it was

Yes he was tested for mites/mange- they said about 7/8 months ago that it was garden mites and they had all left his body but they said they couldn’t be 100% sure that’s what it was

I'd have him tested again... it really looks like mange to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try a dose of Nexgard ( for flea and tick protection normally ) to see if it cures the problem, which it will if it's mange.
Try switching food to dehydrated raw eg, Pure https://purepetfood.co.uk/turkey-terrific
Try giving probiotics like kefir, sauerkraut form refrigerator section of health food store, or fresh green tripe.
Try giving virgin organic coconut oil 1 tsp per ten pounds per day ( start with 1/4 tsp per ten pounds per day and work up ), plus turmeric powder mixed in as well, and added to dog food with some freshly ground pepper.
Try washing dog twice weekly with chlorhexidine/ketoconazole shampoo eg. Curaseb or Ketohex
Try putting Nu-Stock ointment on the bare areas.

Personally, I would not give Nexgard to a dog with a compromised immune system. Especially, if it's winter (I also would avoid any vaccine boosters until he was healthy again).

Probiotics? Definitely. Anything that would build up his immune system.

Personally, I would not give Nexgard to a dog with a compromised immune system. Especially, if it's winter (I also would avoid any vaccine boosters until he was healthy again).

Probiotics? Definitely. Anything that would build up his immune system.

Thank you for all your advice, we really appreciate it! I’m going to try get some probiotics today and see how that goes and have him tested again for the mange

Back