chronic dry nose... how to heal?

jej

Reaction score
Hi there. My gorgeous cream Frenchie, Berlin (yes, a French Bulldog named after a German city... long story), has a chronically dry nose. I have tried putting nose butter on it, but she just licks it off. The nose is really dry with large bumps on it. Anyone out there have a successful strategy for treating a dry nose on a dog who just licks it off? I don't think this is causing any ill health effects, but it looks horrible and I worry it could be harmful if it gets worse. Ideas anyone? Thank you!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Try to keep them occupied play or bone... at least for a period that they forget the ointment is there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I normally use the nose butter on my guys when theyโ€™re sleeping. Otherwise two of the 3 wipe their faces on the rug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jej

Reaction score
Thank you for the two ideas. I appreciate it. I have tried to distract her with toys and chew toys, but that did not work. I will try the idea of applying while she's sleeping. We'll see how that goes. Thanks again!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Cream (light fawns) usually have dry nose more than other colors for some reason. Vaseline works well, and Snout Soother does too.