Dremel attachment questions for nails

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Since I cut Jax's quick last time I trimmed his nails (and he bled so much it looked like a crime scene) and he has warts so he cannot go get them professionally cut, I am going to try a dremel. I know there are different kinds of attachments and sizes so what is the best one to use for grinding his nails down?

turbodave

Reaction score
Small sanding drum, set at medium speed, and do it in short 2 second or so touches. Don't hold it on the nail too long, the heat build up can be just as painful as cutting the quick.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
Yeah I got a cheep one and it came with a sandpaper attachment. I got it a lowes....Here is a the info for the one I bought. It was like 40 bucks at lowes.

Dremel 200 Series 17-Piece Rotary Kit
Item #: 406989 | Model #: 200-1-15
Write a review Be the first to write a review!
$44.98
New Lower Price

Co

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
That reminds me I need to finish Batman's nails. He needs his trimmed. I could not get him to hold still so I need the hubby to help me. You will probably need someone to help you hold Jax and you can dremel the nails. It's hard to hold them and dremel too. If they sit still you can do it.....but Ollie and Batty are not fond of the dremel. But MOMMY likes it much much better than trying to cut the nails. No WAY. Never doing that again. I sanded my own fingers when trying to do batty alone. I need someone to hold him so I can do it without hurting both of us. LOL

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still traumatized from cutting his quick so I'm going to hold him while the BF works the dremel (which he has experience in using at work). I can't wait for these darn warts to go away so he can get his nails done at the beauty shop aka Petsmart.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Photogirl107

Reaction score
I can never get anyone to help hold Cooper so what I do is freeze some peanut butter in one of those cow hooves he chews and then when I am ready to do his nails, Cooper is mostly focused on getting his peanut butter he doesn't fight me when I am using the dremmel!

Tgirl

Reaction score
Wow, I've never thought of using a Dremel for nails. Just another awesome thing dremel can do! I always just clip my dogs with a good quality nail clipper. I'm fortunate that they are so good. They just sit and let me do it. It takes like one to two minutes.