Help - drooping ears!

Mavis

Reaction score
I would have lost my $hit on them!!! Thank GOD she is ok and doing well.
Definitely find a new vet I’d be hard pressed to return to the current.

Big hugs and kisses to you sweet girl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much - your comments were very validating. I don't know what the hell is the matter with me, but at 62, I still don't know if my feelings are valid in so many cases. Sounds bizarre, but it's true. Believe me, I can self advocate completely and be a total b*&^h, but at the same time, I wonder then if I have overreacted. I def. think this vet thought I was being borderline hysterical, but at the same time, I was worried sick and afraid of the worst.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you so much - your comments were very validating. I don't know what the hell is the matter with me, but at 62, I still don't know if my feelings are valid in so many cases. Sounds bizarre, but it's true. Believe me, I can self advocate completely and be a total b*&^h, but at the same time, I wonder then if I have overreacted. I def. think this vet thought I was being borderline hysterical, but at the same time, I was worried sick and afraid of the worst.

it doesn’t help with your comfort level that you could not be inside with her or have a real conversation with the vet while in the exam room. It truly makes a difference.... I am very close with my vet and all the staff, but since not being IN the facility, the connection doesn’t feel the same

Mavis

Reaction score
it doesn’t help with your comfort level that you could not be inside with her or have a real conversation with the vet while in the exam room. It truly makes a difference.... I am very close with my vet and all the staff, but since not being IN the facility, the connection doesn’t feel the same

Everything is by phone from the parking lot. I did ask the vet to come outside when they brought her out to me so that I could talk with her. The vet did come out to talk to me, and assured me that Bambi was okay based on her color, even though she was completely out. She had just been resedated about 15/20 minutes earlier.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
[MENTION=1070]Mavis[/MENTION] I would have been all over that vet, that is unacceptable. Definitely find a new vet, preferably one that specializes in Frenchies. So happy your girl is doing better. I didn't think about her teeth, I know when a pup is teething, their ears will go down, then back up after.

Mavis

Reaction score
[MENTION=1070]Mavis[/MENTION] I would have been all over that vet, that is unacceptable. Definitely find a new vet, preferably one that specializes in Frenchies. So happy your girl is doing better. I didn't think about her teeth, I know when a pup is teething, their ears will go down, then back up after.

Thanks, David.

I have tried to find a vet who specializes in frenchies. Every time I call a new practice and ask, the reaction has always been somewhat chilly. Their vets are "all" equipped to deal with any veterinary issue from any breed. I really get the impression that they think I am being elitist for having such an expensive breed and even asking the question. (We paid $600 for Bambi as a retired breeder, not that we wouldn't have paid the going rate.) We live in a pretty progressive area, too, of about 750,000 people. There are many vets here, but this last time, we chose one on the more affluent side of town, thinking that they would have the best and most progressive vets and equipment. The place is huge, although we can request the same vet and they have always gotten us in within a couple of days, which I appreciate. It is pretty unusual to see a frenchie around here, but I have seen several at this place while waiting with one of our dogs. Luckily, Bambi is stable now and seems to be in good health. I will continue to research and see if I can find a good general vet who knows brachies before she may need care immediately.

🆕 Latest posts