Laser Pointers: More Frustration than Fun

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Good article and I agree. Buster would be one of those guys who kept looking for the dot forever. We will never get him a swimming pool with fish on the bottom and sides again either. It drives him nuts that he can't catch the fish!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Without reading... i agree 1000% !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antbkny

Reaction score
Henry goes crazy chasing the reflection from my watch when walking in the sun,so I agree. No laser pointers!

GraciesMom

Reaction score
Along the same lines I remember reading that if you play tug of war with a puppy you should let them win. It builds their confidence. That’s probably the case with a laser too. They can’t win.

LittleMonsters

Reaction score
Along the same lines I remember reading that if you play tug of war with a puppy you should let them win. It builds their confidence. That’s probably the case with a laser too. They can’t win.

Our trainer too suggested that tug-o-war should include moments where your puppy/dog is asked/required to lose (i.e. willingly give you the rope or toy on command, "leave it" or "drop" or something of the sort) but your puppy should "win" more often than he is asked to lose AND the game should ALWAYS end with the puppy winning. I can see how a laser pointer would drive the dog crazy, because they never get the satisfaction and "release" of winning.