Rusty- help please!!

Mavis

Reaction score
Rusty loves playing with this vet! He was barking cause he was so excited and when he was on the table, he was licking her ear a few times and playing with her(he likes to paw her hand and climb on her)

Adorable!!! I love more than anything to see them when they're happy.

We adopted Petey two years ago when he was eight. We didn't know it, but he came with his condition. We noticed, especially going back, that there is a certain spot that was sensitive and he would scream if it were just touched/petted in the slightest way. I don't know if some of this was fear (anticipation of it hurting), and suspect that might have been a large part of it, because honestly, we would barely touch him and he would do it. That hasn't happened in a while, nor has he had an episode in the last several weeks. I'm not saying this for Rusty, but I noticed with Petey, that he seems to have gotten stronger by playing and racing in the yard with Jelly all of the time. He does that almost on a daily basis and runs the fence with the neighbor's dogs (which is what would make him flare), and he has been episode free for a while now. Sometimes if he runs particularly hard or if we are having people over (because he gets so excited), we will give him a dose of Rimadyl and Gabapentin as a preventative. When he does flare, we medicate him and keep him in his crate.

We had a mutt for 13 years and around age 3-5???? she had a seizure one day. It completely terrified me and we went immediately to the vet. That was so long ago, it's hard to remember, but I think she said that sometimes a seizure could just happen without a major cause or indication of it being from a chronic condition. I hope that is true in your case and you won't see this again. Keep your phone handy so that you can tape it if possible.

If you do find a weak spot on Rusty's back, maybe consider a few treatments of laser therapy, if the vet thinks it might help.

Good luck and fingers crossed.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Adorable!!! I love more than anything to see them when they're happy.

We adopted Petey two years ago when he was eight. We didn't know it, but he came with his condition. We noticed, especially going back, that there is a certain spot that was sensitive and he would scream if it were just touched/petted in the slightest way. I don't know if some of this was fear (anticipation of it hurting), and suspect that might have been a large part of it, because honestly, we would barely touch him and he would do it. That hasn't happened in a while, nor has he had an episode in the last several weeks. I'm not saying this for Rusty, but I noticed with Petey, that he seems to have gotten stronger by playing and racing in the yard with Jelly all of the time. He does that almost on a daily basis and runs the fence with the neighbor's dogs (which is what would make him flare), and he has been episode free for a while now. Sometimes if he runs particularly hard or if we are having people over (because he gets so excited), we will give him a dose of Rimadyl and Gabapentin as a preventative. When he does flare, we medicate him and keep him in his crate.

We had a mutt for 13 years and around age 3-5???? she had a seizure one day. It completely terrified me and we went immediately to the vet. That was so long ago, it's hard to remember, but I think she said that sometimes a seizure could just happen without a major cause or indication of it being from a chronic condition. I hope that is true in your case and you won't see this again. Keep your phone handy so that you can tape it if possible.

If you do find a weak spot on Rusty's back, maybe consider a few treatments of laser therapy, if the vet thinks it might help.

Good luck and fingers crossed.

It’s really adorable when he goes running up to her for play! And she gives him his favourite tretas(1 ingredient beef liver-the only treat we give him cause if allergies), I think they know who likes Frenchies!

That’s sad of how sore Petey was, why didn’t previous owners tell you his back was not in the best shape?

That’s great Petey’s back has gotten stronger!

When Petey does have a episode and you give the meds for pain, would he still be sore a week later??? That’s what has all of us puzzled/confused and unsure.

Since I did give him CBD oil for pain and inflammation when the first vet said it’s IVDD, now he is not sore a week later.

When you medicate Petey for a flare up, is he still sore a week later????

Yes it can happen without a cause out vet said, if that was a seizure it would be called idiopathic epilepsy I think she said, and she was telling me that one of the staff members dogs had epilepsy and she had 1 then nothing for 5 years. I hope of it was a seizure, it would be rarely an episode or go years without one.
But next time he has an episode, she is wanting to refer him to neurologist.

Someone at my work, her dog had a seizure and it was caused by a brain tumour and the dog passed during the seizure, very scary.
That’s my fear if it was a seizure☹️

I definitely will make sure I have my phone with me at all times(I do anyway), and hope if he had an episode I would get it on record and hopefully we would rule 1 of the things out so we know what we are dealing with.

I really wish one of them are ruled out(either IVDD or seizure), Rusty doesn’t understand and is confused as to why he can’t climb upfront in the car to see my parents and get treats up there, even though he gets treats in his seat in the car beside me, he still really wants to go upfront for 2 minutes like he always does, but I can’t have him jump or climb to me on my dad to let me bring him in the back(I always grab him before he tries to jump back In the back, but worry about his back).

My boss at work was telling me about the laser therapy and how it helped her cat, and one of our customers does this, she said here is the card with the info, you should try it for Rusty. I looked into it and the lady does a few dogs with IVDD all with great outcomes, one of them was paralyzed she was saying.
She comes to your house and does it on the dog.

I asked my vet if it would be beneficial and she said yes, she didn’t recommend it, I asked her cause she wasn’t sure if it’s his back or a seizure.

But maybe if it’s not IVDD, it will hopefully keep his back in good shape if I did it once a month, or if it is IVDD maybe we caught it early hopefully.

Thanks for your response, I appreciate it!

Mavis

Reaction score
It’s really adorable when he goes running up to her for play! And she gives him his favourite tretas(1 ingredient beef liver-the only treat we give him cause if allergies), I think they know who likes Frenchies!

That’s sad of how sore Petey was, why didn’t previous owners tell you his back was not in the best shape?

That’s great Petey’s back has gotten stronger!

When Petey does have a episode and you give the meds for pain, would he still be sore a week later??? That’s what has all of us puzzled/confused and unsure.

Since I did give him CBD oil for pain and inflammation when the first vet said it’s IVDD, now he is not sore a week later.

When you medicate Petey for a flare up, is he still sore a week later????

Yes it can happen without a cause out vet said, if that was a seizure it would be called idiopathic epilepsy I think she said, and she was telling me that one of the staff members dogs had epilepsy and she had 1 then nothing for 5 years. I hope of it was a seizure, it would be rarely an episode or go years without one.
But next time he has an episode, she is wanting to refer him to neurologist.

Someone at my work, her dog had a seizure and it was caused by a brain tumour and the dog passed during the seizure, very scary.
That’s my fear if it was a seizure☹️

I definitely will make sure I have my phone with me at all times(I do anyway), and hope if he had an episode I would get it on record and hopefully we would rule 1 of the things out so we know what we are dealing with.

I really wish one of them are ruled out(either IVDD or seizure), Rusty doesn’t understand and is confused as to why he can’t climb upfront in the car to see my parents and get treats up there, even though he gets treats in his seat in the car beside me, he still really wants to go upfront for 2 minutes like he always does, but I can’t have him jump or climb to me on my dad to let me bring him in the back(I always grab him before he tries to jump back In the back, but worry about his back).

My boss at work was telling me about the laser therapy and how it helped her cat, and one of our customers does this, she said here is the card with the info, you should try it for Rusty. I looked into it and the lady does a few dogs with IVDD all with great outcomes, one of them was paralyzed she was saying.
She comes to your house and does it on the dog.

I asked my vet if it would be beneficial and she said yes, she didn’t recommend it, I asked her cause she wasn’t sure if it’s his back or a seizure.

But maybe if it’s not IVDD, it will hopefully keep his back in good shape if I did it once a month, or if it is IVDD maybe we caught it early hopefully.

Thanks for your response, I appreciate it!
We adopted Petey from a rescue place (he is the perfect dog). He came from TX to NY. I don't know if he was at the foster mom's house long enough or had opportunity to race around the yard to cause an episode. I don't think he is sore in between episodes, however, I can't explain why he would yelp when touched in a certain place (?). He hasn't done that in quite a long while. It seems that really strenuous racing causes a back flare up, although, again, he seems to be better for about a month now. He can race (we do try to stop him) and not get injured. I am just glad that we have medication that treats it effectively when it happens.

Hopefully the limitations you are putting on him (not letting him in the front seat, not picking him up, etc.) will become his new normal and he won't feel like he is missing out.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
We adopted Petey from a rescue place (he is the perfect dog). He came from TX to NY. I don't know if he was at the foster mom's house long enough or had opportunity to race around the yard to cause an episode. I don't think he is sore in between episodes, however, I can't explain why he would yelp when touched in a certain place (?). He hasn't done that in quite a long while. It seems that really strenuous racing causes a back flare up, although, again, he seems to be better for about a month now. He can race (we do try to stop him) and not get injured. I am just glad that we have medication that treats it effectively when it happens.

Hopefully the limitations you are putting on him (not letting him in the front seat, not picking him up, etc.) will become his new normal and he won't feel like he is missing out.

At least Petey is at a better place now and is spoiled and loved.

Ok since Petey is not sore in between episodes, it probably was Rusty’s back possibly. That’s what I was curious about.

Definitely glad you have meds at home on hand incase he had an episode.

I still pick him up for the stairs, couch, and in the car, and sometimes just to give him a hug when he wants to be picked up.

Last night he really wanted to go upfront in the car and he was barking and mostly crying and just was really trying to get upfront, he doesn’t understand it’s for his own health, so my parents are handing him treats in the back in his seat beside me. He wants to go up there so bad, especially last night, even though he gets treats from me in his seat beside me, and is also allowed to come curl up on my lap if he doesn’t want to stay in the seat.
The last few nights he hasn’t been too worried about not going upfront, and has been just laying in his seat or on me, but for some reason he really wanted upfront last night.

I really hope he gets used to it and it’s better for his back. He raced around the house last night, I had to tell him to take a break, he was so crazy, but I can’t not let him play and he has to be a dog!

Mavis

Reaction score
At least Petey is at a better place now and is spoiled and loved.

Ok since Petey is not sore in between episodes, it probably was Rusty’s back possibly. That’s what I was curious about.

Definitely glad you have meds at home on hand incase he had an episode.

I still pick him up for the stairs, couch, and in the car, and sometimes just to give him a hug when he wants to be picked up.

Last night he really wanted to go upfront in the car and he was barking and mostly crying and just was really trying to get upfront, he doesn’t understand it’s for his own health, so my parents are handing him treats in the back in his seat beside me. He wants to go up there so bad, especially last night, even though he gets treats from me in his seat beside me, and is also allowed to come curl up on my lap if he doesn’t want to stay in the seat.
The last few nights he hasn’t been too worried about not going upfront, and has been just laying in his seat or on me, but for some reason he really wanted upfront last night.

I really hope he gets used to it and it’s better for his back. He raced around the house last night, I had to tell him to take a break, he was so crazy, but I can’t not let him play and he has to be a dog!
He is such a doll. I'm sure he will get used to anything that you are consistent with. I'd just give him extra affection, which is not hard to do with our frenchies!

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
He is such a doll. I'm sure he will get used to anything that you are consistent with. I'd just give him extra affection, which is not hard to do with our frenchies!

Definitely, they love the extra affection😊

Thanks again for your input and response to my thread, I really appreciate it and it means a lot, only a couple people on here have responded, same with your threads.

I always come on here a few times a day to see if anyone has any questions or needs info!
Any questions with any of your dogs, ask away, I will help as much as possible too😊👍

Mavis

Reaction score
Definitely, they love the extra affection😊

Thanks again for your input and response to my thread, I really appreciate it and it means a lot, only a couple people on here have responded, same with your threads.

I always come on here a few times a day to see if anyone has any questions or needs info!
Any questions with any of your dogs, ask away, I will help as much as possible too😊👍
Thank you! I am happy to help, too, although I don't know a lot about frenchies. We had Bambi for 8 years, but she had allergies that we never go to the bottom of successfully, in spite of trying what I thought were premium foods (based on Dog Food Advisor), and taking her to the vet. Allergies were the extent of her medical issues. I should have had her nares done when we got her at three, but I didn't want to put her through it. That was a mistake because she really could have benefited from it and may have lived a little longer.

I don't think there are a lot of active, regular members on here who look at the site regularly like we do. Back in 2014, there were probably 10 or more regular members. It was really nice and very easy to get a lot of advice and direction on anything you posted. People were on all the time.

Jelly is giving me fits. He refuses to be housebroken, although I let him out consistently. He'll go out but doesn't always pee outside, even though he can be out for ten minutes. Many times, he'll come back in and I'll find a pee spot on the floor. I let him roam around the house now free will, so I don't see him do it. Whenever he goes outside, I praise him and tell him "good boy, good potty potty!," and he goes out every night at 1AM and pees on the concrete outside. Again, same buzz words - and the weather has been great (not too hot/cold/rainy). I have no idea why he does it, although I don't think it's anything like a UTI or medical. He is so stubborn. He'll be six months on the 18th. I am going to be screwed if he doesn't pick this up before the weather changes. We have until Sept/Oct. and then it's going to be colder and more rain.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Thank you! I am happy to help, too, although I don't know a lot about frenchies. We had Bambi for 8 years, but she had allergies that we never go to the bottom of successfully, in spite of trying what I thought were premium foods (based on Dog Food Advisor), and taking her to the vet. Allergies were the extent of her medical issues. I should have had her nares done when we got her at three, but I didn't want to put her through it. That was a mistake because she really could have benefited from it and may have lived a little longer.

I don't think there are a lot of active, regular members on here who look at the site regularly like we do. Back in 2014, there were probably 10 or more regular members. It was really nice and very easy to get a lot of advice and direction on anything you posted. People were on all the time.

Jelly is giving me fits. He refuses to be housebroken, although I let him out consistently. He'll go out but doesn't always pee outside, even though he can be out for ten minutes. Many times, he'll come back in and I'll find a pee spot on the floor. I let him roam around the house now free will, so I don't see him do it. Whenever he goes outside, I praise him and tell him "good boy, good potty potty!," and he goes out every night at 1AM and pees on the concrete outside. Again, same buzz words - and the weather has been great (not too hot/cold/rainy). I have no idea why he does it, although I don't think it's anything like a UTI or medical. He is so stubborn. He'll be six months on the 18th. I am going to be screwed if he doesn't pick this up before the weather changes. We have until Sept/Oct. and then it's going to be colder and more rain.

Definitely, I know you give lots of good info and advice or even good luck or support to people needing info on here, just like I do and a couple other members.

Does Jelly ring the bell still??

Maybe try to restrict the access to the main part of the house where you can watch him at all times, and if you catch him peeing somewhere, spray him if possible.

Does he pee on command yet??

Does he at least go to the door most times?

I would also suggest using some treats for when he pees on command/ or even just pees outside, I did that with Rusty and all my other dogs and they figured it out.

I know some people might not want to use treats while house training him but sometimes you don’t have many options if they are really stubborn.

If he has a favourite treat, a little piece of the treat with ‘good boy, good potty’ or the words you use, then a treat right after, he should figure it out. But I don’t recommend giving him his favourite treat other than training because then it might not be a treat for training incase he doesn’t like it as much.

They can be so darn stubborn sometimes, it’s definitely frustrating, hopefully some of the suggestions will help Jelly get thru these stubborn times😊

It doesn’t sound like he would have a UTI or bladder issue, it sounds like he is being stubborn.

Unless he is peeing more, small more frequent urinating or he seems uncomfortable, I wouldn’t think it would be a UTI, just Jelly being very stubborn.

Keep me posted!

Mavis

Reaction score
Definitely, I know you give lots of good info and advice or even good luck or support to people needing info on here, just like I do and a couple other members.

Does Jelly ring the bell still??

Maybe try to restrict the access to the main part of the house where you can watch him at all times, and if you catch him peeing somewhere, spray him if possible.

Does he pee on command yet??

Does he at least go to the door most times?

I would also suggest using some treats for when he pees on command/ or even just pees outside, I did that with Rusty and all my other dogs and they figured it out.

I know some people might not want to use treats while house training him but sometimes you don’t have many options if they are really stubborn.

If he has a favourite treat, a little piece of the treat with ‘good boy, good potty’ or the words you use, then a treat right after, he should figure it out. But I don’t recommend giving him his favourite treat other than training because then it might not be a treat for training incase he doesn’t like it as much.

They can be so darn stubborn sometimes, it’s definitely frustrating, hopefully some of the suggestions will help Jelly get thru these stubborn times😊

It doesn’t sound like he would have a UTI or bladder issue, it sounds like he is being stubborn.

Unless he is peeing more, small more frequent urinating or he seems uncomfortable, I wouldn’t think it would be a UTI, just Jelly being very stubborn.

Keep me posted!
At this point, I'm not willing to watch him constantly (my fault) or block off the house. If he pees/poops, I'll just have to clean it up. If I catch him, I will scold him but that's it. I thought about preparing some special treats for him and giving it to him every time I see him going outside. I will reserve these only for good potty behavior. I'm going to use cut up hot dogs. Of course, he won't get those when he goes inside. I let him out at 1AM and he goes immediately and comes right back in in seconds. Now, I will shut the outside door so he can't get in immediately and treat him before opening it. During the day when he pees/poops, I will praise him and call him over for his special treat. Problem is, I can't imagine my husband doing this. He treats ALL of the time (which drives me nuts!!!), and probably won't have treats available or treat Jelly when he is out in the yard.

Although I ring the bell, Jelly doesn't seem to be doing that anymore. I don't know why. Other than the housetraining, he is really great - no destructive chewing, no biting or bad behavior, etc. I should instill some boundaries in him, just to teach him that I am alpha and that my say-so goes. Example, not jumping up on our legs (he does that to be picked up), not getting into the fridge when I open it, sit, down, etc. I am just so lazy and feel defeated before I begin with him. He has more persistence than I do with his unwanted behaviors.

We'll see how it goes.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
At this point, I'm not willing to watch him constantly (my fault) or block off the house. If he pees/poops, I'll just have to clean it up. If I catch him, I will scold him but that's it. I thought about preparing some special treats for him and giving it to him every time I see him going outside. I will reserve these only for good potty behavior. I'm going to use cut up hot dogs. Of course, he won't get those when he goes inside. I let him out at 1AM and he goes immediately and comes right back in in seconds. Now, I will shut the outside door so he can't get in immediately and treat him before opening it. During the day when he pees/poops, I will praise him and call him over for his special treat. Problem is, I can't imagine my husband doing this. He treats ALL of the time (which drives me nuts!!!), and probably won't have treats available or treat Jelly when he is out in the yard.

Although I ring the bell, Jelly doesn't seem to be doing that anymore. I don't know why. Other than the housetraining, he is really great - no destructive chewing, no biting or bad behavior, etc. I should instill some boundaries in him, just to teach him that I am alpha and that my say-so goes. Example, not jumping up on our legs (he does that to be picked up), not getting into the fridge when I open it, sit, down, etc. I am just so lazy and feel defeated before I begin with him. He has more persistence than I do with his unwanted behaviors.

We'll see how it goes.

Even if he doesn’t ring the bell and just goes to the door like Rusty, at least you would know to let him out.
Does he at least go to the back door himself??

Definitely that would be a great start, using treats he loves(hot dogs) and saving them for when he goes outside only.

Maybe hide them from John so he doesn’t know the hot dogs are there to give them😊

Maybe ask him if he sees Jelly pee outside, please give him a treat you always give, and pretend you don’t have hot dogs available for when you praise Jelly, that way John might give him a treat for going outside, but he doesn’t know the special treats are there(hide them if you can).

That would also be a good idea, to teach him your alpha, not him.

Mavis

Reaction score
Even if he doesn’t ring the bell and just goes to the door like Rusty, at least you would know to let him out.
Does he at least go to the back door himself??

Definitely that would be a great start, using treats he loves(hot dogs) and saving them for when he goes outside only.

Maybe hide them from John so he doesn’t know the hot dogs are there to give them😊

Maybe ask him if he sees Jelly pee outside, please give him a treat you always give, and pretend you don’t have hot dogs available for when you praise Jelly, that way John might give him a treat for going outside, but he doesn’t know the special treats are there(hide them if you can).

That would also be a good idea, to teach him your alpha, not him.
I told my friend about Jelly peeing in the house. She talked with her daughter-in-law who said this behavior isn't normal and something is wrong. She advised we take him to the vet. Believe me, if I thought something was wrong, I'd take him, however I am convinced that he is just being a stubborn little bug. :rolleyes: :mad: He goes all night (7 hours), without peeing in his crate. When I let him out at 1AM, he makes it all the way from the bedroom to the garage door (long ways) and then outside and pees on the concrete patio and comes back in immediately. This tells me he can hold it and knows to pee outside. I didn't argue with her, I just said "thanks."

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
I told my friend about Jelly peeing in the house. She talked with her daughter-in-law who said this behavior isn't normal and something is wrong. She advised we take him to the vet. Believe me, if I thought something was wrong, I'd take him, however I am convinced that he is just being a stubborn little bug. :rolleyes: :mad: He goes all night (7 hours), without peeing in his crate. When I let him out at 1AM, he makes it all the way from the bedroom to the garage door (long ways) and then outside and pees on the concrete patio and comes back in immediately. This tells me he can hold it and knows to pee outside. I didn't argue with her, I just said "thanks."

No to me it’s sounds like he is being stubborn, not a health issue.

Rusty was the same way, however it was for 2 month until he was fully house trained, I didn’t make him use the bell.

But he didn’t have access to the entire house, and I sprayed every time he peed inside.

Hopefully the treat works and helps him learn faster to pee outside not in the house.

If he can go all night without an issue, and he is not peeing anymore than he usually does and isn’t going only small drops of pee several times and is acting normal otherwise, it’s not a Heath issue.

Sounds like she works for a vet, saying take him in when he is only being stubborn.

Hope he starts improving!

Mavis

Reaction score
But he didn’t have access to the entire house, and I sprayed every time he peed inside.

Just to clarify, you only sprayed him when you caught him in the act? If so, Jelly is pretty cagey that way. He only pees when he is out of sight.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Just to clarify, you only sprayed him when you caught him in the act? If so, Jelly is pretty cagey that way. He only pees when he is out of sight.
Yes I sprayed him when I saw him OR when it was recent and he was just walking away from where he peed then I grabbed the spray bottle and brought him over and said “bad potty” and sprayed if he was just leaving the area and knew what he did.

Mavis

Reaction score
Yes I sprayed him when I saw him OR when it was recent and he was just walking away from where he peed then I grabbed the spray bottle and brought him over and said “bad potty” and sprayed if he was just leaving the area and knew what he did.
Ugh; I probably said this before, but I'd say he was probably 85-90% housetrained and now I really can't say. We've had him for three months. He is very stubborn, but still the cutest dam thing. We adore him. He is a very sweet, silly little angel.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
Ugh; I probably said this before, but I'd say he was probably 85-90% housetrained and now I really can't say. We've had him for three months. He is very stubborn, but still the cutest dam thing. We adore him. He is a very sweet, silly little angel.

That’s crazy, what has changed for Jelly to not be as house trained now?
Has John been with him more to let him pee in the house more often??

Have you started giving him treats when he goes outside???

They definitely can be so stubborn, but I think they know they are super cute and can get away with stuff sometimes☹️

Mavis

Reaction score
That’s crazy, what has changed for Jelly to not be as house trained now?
Has John been with him more to let him pee in the house more often??

Have you started giving him treats when he goes outside???

They definitely can be so stubborn, but I think they know they are super cute and can get away with stuff sometimes☹️
I would say, really, that nothing has changed in Jelly's routine. He pees outside immediately when I let him out at 1AM and when he goes out right after he gets up. After that, I let him out regularly but many times, he doesn't want to go on the grass for some reason and he doesn't pee until he gets inside. I've been out of town since Wednesday morning, so I have not started treating him when he goes. I think now when I let him out, I will have to make him go in the grass and can't let him in until I see him pee. He does pee on the concrete patio at night, usually, but during the day, it seems like he pees more on the grass.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
I would say, really, that nothing has changed in Jelly's routine. He pees outside immediately when I let him out at 1AM and when he goes out right after he gets up. After that, I let him out regularly but many times, he doesn't want to go on the grass for some reason and he doesn't pee until he gets inside. I've been out of town since Wednesday morning, so I have not started treating him when he goes. I think now when I let him out, I will have to make him go in the grass and can't let him in until I see him pee. He does pee on the concrete patio at night, usually, but during the day, it seems like he pees more on the grass.

Sounds like he is just been really stubborn lately, maybe more since you have been out of town?

When you get back, I still highly recommended giving treats to help get him less stubborn🙂

Mavis

Reaction score
Sounds like he is just been really stubborn lately, maybe more since you have been out of town?

When you get back, I still highly recommended giving treats to help get him less stubborn🙂
He is extremely independent (while still being affectionate) and stubborn. Doesn't help that we basically give him no rules, boundaries or limitations. Our bad.

Rusty’s Owner

Reaction score
He is extremely independent (while still being affectionate) and stubborn. Doesn't help that we basically give him no rules, boundaries or limitations. Our bad.

It’s not your fault, hopefully he will know he gets treats for peeing outside and nothing for going inside, he is a smart dog like Rusty he should figure it out soon hopefully.

Rusty doesn’t really have any limitations or boundaries or rules either.

🆕 Latest posts