Herniated disc

CarrotTheFrenchie

Reaction score
Ugh. I'm so sorry. I worry about Carrot's back all the time. She's only a year and a half but I try to grab her before she jumps off anything. But, I'm not always successful. My vet also said she shouldn't play fetch in doors in case she runs into a wall and accordions (my worst fear) The problem is, Carrot LOVES playing fetch and she loves when her dad plays tug o war with her. I try to be careful but I still want her to be a dog. But I do worry about her all the time! #HelicopterMom
Hope the next two weeks goes quickly for you and Jax !!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ugh. I'm so sorry. I worry about Carrot's back all the time. She's only a year and a half but I try to grab her before she jumps off anything. But, I'm not always successful. My vet also said she shouldn't play fetch in doors in case she runs into a wall and accordions (my worst fear) The problem is, Carrot LOVES playing fetch and she loves when her dad plays tug o war with her. I try to be careful but I still want her to be a dog. But I do worry about her all the time! #HelicopterMom
Hope the next two weeks goes quickly for you and Jax !!

Back issues seem to pop up around 4 years of age. Jax was always jumping on and off the couch and we have 3 sets of stairs that he would always go up and down. But yes, we have to be careful with this breed but at the same time, they should be allowed to acts like dogs as well. I think just minimize what you can.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
How is Jax doing now that he has FREEEEEEDOM?

He's back to being a maniac. Unfortunately, he is refusing to use the steps I got for the couches so if no one catches him in time, he will still jump on and off the couch which he isn't supposed to do.

blushy

Reaction score
He's back to being a maniac. Unfortunately, he is refusing to use the steps I got for the couches so if no one catches him in time, he will still jump on and off the couch which he isn't supposed to do.

I have an anxiety attack about 17 times a day with Titan FLYING from across the room through the air. He is an absolute nut job when it comes to jumping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have an anxiety attack about 17 times a day with Titan FLYING from across the room through the air. He is an absolute nut job when it comes to jumping.

Yes!!!!! They just don't understand they're not supposed to be doing it. It's stressful.

blushy

Reaction score
Yes!!!!! They just don't understand they're not supposed to be doing it. It's stressful.

Maybe you could work on a command for asking to get up on the couch? I've seen some people have a "speak" command for asking to be picked up. I don't know how stubborn your guy is with learning haha !

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you could work on a command for asking to get up on the couch? I've seen some people have a "speak" command for asking to be picked up. I don't know how stubborn your guy is with learning haha !

Jax will do anything for food. So my plan is to use treats to lure him up, give him treat and praise, and then a treat to lure him down, give treat and praise. I am hopeful that if we do it enough, he will "get it." Kind of like potty training...lots of praise and treats when he went outside.

Frenchie Grrrl

Reaction score

Gus is not a big fan of being up on the furniture with us. He much prefers to just be on the floor by our feet. This kills the rest of my family, who really want a lapdog that wants to constantly snuggle. :mellow: I guess it has it's upsides because it drastically cuts down on any jumping. I'll have to casually point this out to them. :whistle:

🆕 Latest posts