Possible Allergies? Hives / Hot Spots

BennyTheBulldog

Reaction score
How is Benny doing?

He has been in the Straight Turkey now since 11/28/18 with no signs of allergies. I picked up Answers Straight Pork and Beef as well that I will try after the month of Turkey.

I have been feeding him just under 1/2 cup twice a day and have now moved up to 1/4 cup goats milk in the evening.

He had been going poop once, maybe twice a day and it’s always been soft serve since I switched him over to Raw. Suggestions?

Thank you!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
He has been in the Straight Turkey now since 11/28/18 with no signs of allergies. I picked up Answers Straight Pork and Beef as well that I will try after the month of Turkey.

I have been feeding him just under 1/2 cup twice a day and have now moved up to 1/4 cup goats milk in the evening.

He had been going poop once, maybe twice a day and it’s always been soft serve since I switched him over to Raw. Suggestions?

Thank you!

Could be too much food. Try cutting it down just a little and maybe do just a little less goat milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be too much food. Try cutting it down just a little and maybe do just a little less goat milk.

Agreed!

BennyTheBulldog

Reaction score

I will cut back as recommended and monitor. thank you.

BennyTheBulldog

Reaction score
Question on the next protein. I plan to go to beef. Should I feed him only beef for a month, or mix it 50/50 with the turkey? Every other day? Suggestions please.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Question on the next protein. I plan to go to beef. Should I feed him only beef for a month, or mix it 50/50 with the turkey? Every other day? Suggestions please.

I personally would do just beef for a mo Th to see how it goes. Once you know for sure he can do both turkey and beef, then you can start rotating.

BennyTheBulldog

Reaction score
Hello all. Looking for suggestions. Benny has been on his Raw Diet and Goats Milk for 14 days now. He is currently on less than a 1/2 cup of meat (usually fill the 1/2 cup measuring cup about 80% full) twice a day and 1/8 cup goats milk in the evening only. I’ve noticed 2 or 3 times he has throw up and it looks to be just goats milk, no meat. Why would he be throwing up randomly? Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

I personally would do just beef for a mo Th to see how it goes. Once you know for sure he can do both turkey and beef, then you can start rotating.

Thank you once again!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all. Looking for suggestions. Benny has been on his Raw Diet and Goats Milk for 14 days now. He is currently on less than a 1/2 cup of meat (usually fill the 1/2 cup measuring cup about 80% full) twice a day and 1/8 cup goats milk in the evening only. I’ve noticed 2 or 3 times he has throw up and it looks to be just goats milk, no meat. Why would he be throwing up randomly? Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you once again!

Stop the goat milk for a couple days and see if it stops.

BennyTheBulldog

Reaction score
Stop the goat milk for a couple days and see if it stops.

Will do thank you. Also, I’ve noticed some days he does not even poop once, like today. Not sure if I am under feeding him. Also has had the soft serve for awhile. now that he is on Raw he poops much much less so it’s hard to tell if going from 1 Cup a day to about 80% of that has helped with the soft serve yet.

N102

Reaction score
Hali always chewed her paws and started to develope hot spots. We tried changing food etc a few times and the problem only worsened. I finally brought her to the vet and the vet gave her a injection of Cytopoint. WOW within 24 hours all Halis itching,scratching,chewing has stopped!
Her energy level has gone up and she is just so happier.
I highly suggest you look into Cytopoint.
Good luck.

BennyTheBulldog

Reaction score
Kind of at a loss here. Last time he had goats milk was Thursday afternoon. Just threw up again 5 min ago. He hardly poops and it’s still soft serve even reducing his amount to about 80% of a cup daily. Not sure what’s going on.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Kind of at a loss here. Last time he had goats milk was Thursday afternoon. Just threw up again 5 min ago. He hardly poops and it’s still soft serve even reducing his amount to about 80% of a cup daily. Not sure what’s going on.

Gave you tried a bland diet? You can do that for a few days.

BennyTheBulldog

Reaction score
Gave you tried a bland diet? You can do that for a few days.

What would this do/prove? I was trying to keep him on strictly turkey for allergy reasons.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
What would this do/prove? I was trying to keep him on strictly turkey for allergy reasons.

It’s pretty much a “reset” to get his stomach on track. If after a few days his poops are normal, then reintroduce the raw. Remind me what protein you are feeding. It could also be the protein just isn’t agreeing with him so maybe start a new protein after the bland diet.

BennyTheBulldog

Reaction score
It’s pretty much a “reset” to get his stomach on track. If after a few days his poops are normal, then reintroduce the raw. Remind me what protein you are feeding. It could also be the protein just isn’t agreeing with him so maybe start a new protein after the bland diet.

He is on turkey now. Gave him boiled beef and rice for dinner. I have Answers Straight Pork and Beef in the freezer wating as well. He has only had the turkey thus far aside from the beef and rice this evening.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
He is on turkey now. Gave him boiled beef and rice for dinner. I have Answers Straight Pork and Beef in the freezer wating as well. He has only had the turkey thus far aside from the beef and rice this evening.

Try the pork after a few days of bland diet.

Do you have access to the brand Tucker’s? That is also a good brand you can try with limited ingredients. And their formulas contain pumpkin.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Cheli would throw up when given rabbit so it could be he's just sensitive to either the turkey or the goat's milk. [MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] am I correct about Cheli?

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Cheli would throw up when given rabbit so it could be he's just sensitive to either the turkey or the goat's milk. [MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] am I correct about Cheli?

It was actually mackerel.... his skin dried out and he was itching like crazy within days of being on it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BennyTheBulldog

Reaction score
Hello All,

Update: I had Benny on the Boiled Beef and Rice for 3 full days. Yesterday Evening I switched him back to the raw Turkey and he did fine over night and raw Turkey this morning. If he has issues again with throwing up I will thaw the Pork and Switch him over to that. I want to test the Turkey one more time. Also, when he was on the Beef and Rice I would put a splash of Goats Milk in his evening meal and he was fine - no throw up issues.

I do have a few local places that sell Tuckers according to the "Where to buy" on their website. Is Tuckers a Raw Diet as well?

Also - All you Raw Feeders, do you feed Raw Every Day - or occasionally introduce the Bland Diet?