Remy's got pneumonia

Fosta Mama

Reaction score
Remy is dealing with chronic vomiting, probably due to inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). We went through all the diagnostics and I was getting ready to get him in to consult with the internist.

Yesterday my son called me at work in the afternoon to tell me that Remy had vomited several times and was refusing to move. I rushed home and took him straight to my regular vet. He was in obvious distress regarding breathing and movement, and started to lightly cough a little. We did an xray which showed his left lung was affected and down to about 40% capacity.

I transferred Remy to the 24 hour emergency hospital about 40 minutes away, and they confirmed that he has aspiration pneumonia, most likely from breathing in some of the vomit. He has been on oxygen since last night and is not really improving yet. His oxygen saturation is around 80-90% at best while on full strength oxygen, but it should be closer to 98%.

I am going to visit Remy tonight and get another update. I hope he can come home soon, but I have a feeling he will be there for at least another full day. It runs about $1000/day- ugh.

Remy turns 11 next month and I really don't want to lose him. We lost our Boston terrier at this same hospital just 6 months ago.

Please pray or hum or think good thoughts for my old boy Remy. I am so distraught and my coworkers just don't understand.

10th birthday 031.jpg (Remy on his 10th birthday)

eeturk

Reaction score
I am so sorry. Sending so many thoughts and prayers your way. It is absolutely heart wrenching to see your baby in distress. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blushy

Reaction score
Oh my gosh that is so heart breaking! [emoji174][emoji174][emoji174]

I will be thinking of you and your boy!

Edit: told my husband and he was almost brought to tears.

he is worried sick for you!

MaplesMommy

Reaction score
Oh no, poor Remy! Sending lots of positive vibes! Lets hope he will feel better soon!

Tgirl

Reaction score
Poor baby. I will be saying lots of prayers for him. Please keep us updated. :(

turbodave

Reaction score
Poor little Remy!!! I'll be praying for a quick recovery.

sundown

Reaction score
I hope your little one gets better quickly. It's absolutely heart-breaking to see them in distress :(

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
Poor little Remy!!! I'm sending all my puppy health vibes his way! I'm so sorry you're going through this. :(

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Remy is dealing with chronic vomiting, probably due to inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). We went through all the diagnostics and I was getting ready to get him in to consult with the internist.

Yesterday my son called me at work in the afternoon to tell me that Remy had vomited several times and was refusing to move. I rushed home and took him straight to my regular vet. He was in obvious distress regarding breathing and movement, and started to lightly cough a little. We did an xray which showed his left lung was affected and down to about 40% capacity.

I transferred Remy to the 24 hour emergency hospital about 40 minutes away, and they confirmed that he has aspiration pneumonia, most likely from breathing in some of the vomit. He has been on oxygen since last night and is not really improving yet. His oxygen saturation is around 80-90% at best while on full strength oxygen, but it should be closer to 98%.

I am going to visit Remy tonight and get another update. I hope he can come home soon, but I have a feeling he will be there for at least another full day. It runs about $1000/day- ugh.

Remy turns 11 next month and I really don't want to lose him. We lost our Boston terrier at this same hospital just 6 months ago.

Please pray or hum or think good thoughts for my old boy Remy. I am so distraught and my coworkers just don't understand.

View attachment 6273 (Remy on his 10th birthday)

Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts.... how is he doing today?

Fosta Mama

Reaction score
Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts.... how is he doing today?

Remy is not responding well enough to the oxygen, so today he is being put on IV fluids and several medications including antibiotics. I will go visit him again tonight. I am praying he can beat this.

Thank you everybody for your well wishes. It means the world to me.

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Stay strong Remy! Your mom is worried sick about you.
So sorry you are going through this Erika. I hope he improves soon! Thinking of you.

blushy

Reaction score
Remy is not responding well enough to the oxygen, so today he is being put on IV fluids and several medications including antibiotics. I will go visit him again tonight. I am praying he can beat this.

Thank you everybody for your well wishes. It means the world to me.

Oh Remy! Please get well! [emoji173]️

Hope the antibiotics kick in and help!

Poor guy! And poor you! I'd be a wreck.

You know where to find all of us if you need us! [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Alice Kable

Reaction score
I am so sorry sweet Remy has pneumonia. We're sending prayers and good vibes for him to make a full recovery.

Tgirl

Reaction score
I can't imagine how tough this is on you. Stay strong Remy!

eeturk

Reaction score
It's a bad week for the Erikas on here! Still thinking of you guys and hope he improves tonight :( come on Remy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your baby, sending prayers his way.

blushy

Reaction score
Laying in bed with my Isabelle & can't help but worry about your guy!(& [MENTION=664]eeturk[/MENTION] 's Hudson!)

C'mon Remy! [emoji173]️

blushy

Reaction score
[MENTION=1072]Fosta Mama[/MENTION] how is Remy?

Fosta Mama

Reaction score
Thank you so much for asking. I just got home from visiting Remy. He is not improving as much as we would have liked. He is still in the oxygen cage, on IV fluids with antibiotics, and being given nebulizer treatments with antibiotics. It's very frustrating that he is not improving. The good thing is that he is not getting worse. However, at $1000/day I am running out of time. He's been at the EV since Monday.

I am hoping hoping hoping he can come home by tomorrow night.