Poopy butt problem

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
Not a subject anyone really ever wants to talk about but I was curious how many other people have to wipe their doggies butts after pooping? Oliver has a tail that lays against his butt and does not move much when he goes potty and poop almost ALWAYS gets on his tail and butt and he can't get it off! I keep baby wipes at home so I can wipe his butt butt when he comes inside. He has finally gotten used to it and knows I won't hurt him, but it's so WEIRD to have a dog that I have to wipe his BUTT. LOL

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I usually only have to wipe Jax's butt if he has diarrhea or really loose stool. He doesn't have much of a tail.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to do this with my Bulldog... she has a very tight tail and I wipe after each :poo: and sometimes just becasue I want to make sure it is clean.

Cheli has a little nub of a tail that doe snot in anyway get touched by the :poo:

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I don't have to with my Frenchies, but we had an English we had to do that with almost every time.

mhuinker

Reaction score
I wipe both butts! I just prefer they have clean butts...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

insa80

Reaction score
give him a butt bath to clean the poop. then look into the cause of it, like is the diet contain too little fiber, or is the living space not cleaned regularly the poop are like "piled" up till it start sticking on his butt etc etc...

Calle Roo

Reaction score
Quella's tail covers her poo hole but doesn't get in the way of the poo unless she has a belly ache. The problem isn't with her tail, it's with her poo hole. 9x out of 10 it needs to be wiped even if she had a firm stool. I don't know if she gets distracted and pinches the turd mid release and makes a mess or what, but I have to wipe her butt 100% of the time. Please tell me that I'm not the only one. I've finally just accepted that this is the way it's going to be and nothing can be done, but it's pretty embarassing pulling out baby wipes and Q running over turning her butt towards me for a good cleaning in front of others.

Pardon the below mess. Quella luckily doesn't get in to anything other than cardboard (or hair in the drain) so I'll deal with the occassional mess it causes as long as she doesn't eat it. You can see her tail covers the poo hole.

b7f61ec6b6cefcacb41d0db04b92456b.jpg

XoXo from Quella La Roux and her mommy too!

blushy

Reaction score
Isabelle no.

Titan it's every. Single. Time.

Sometimes it's only one tiny bit I could've left if I really wanted LOL but I'm already in the habit now.

eeturk

Reaction score
Isabelle no.

Titan it's every. Single. Time.

Sometimes it's only one tiny bit I could've left if I really wanted LOL but I'm already in the habit now.

That's how we are with Hudson. His tail doesn't even come close but I'm just in the habit now from when he never had solid stool and he cooperates with it so it's just what happens when we come back from walks now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PugandTwoFrenchies

Reaction score
Omg I have to wipe my Frenchies' butts all the time. Like others, depends if they have a looser bm, or sometimes there's a piece just hanging there that won't fall off.

I think most of us have baby wipes on hand. lol!

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
This is a funny thread. I never have to wipe Wally's butt unless there's a piece of grass sticking out. However Uma's butt rides high on her so most times there's always a piece that doesn't drop to the ground. Every time we go on a walk I make sure I have something to wipe her bum. She doesn't mind it as she's used to it. Wally hates it and will sit down right away.

T

turbodave01

We wipe down both our dogs also with Huggies baby wipes.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.

Chiana

Reaction score
Even though Mo does not have tail anymore, his butt needs wiping every time. I can recall only couple of occasions when did not. We use baby wipes and when run out then toilet paper. Mo is so used to it, so he normally walks straight to toilet after pooping.

cnash

Reaction score
Bentley's tail covers his butt very well but only sometimes does he need a wipe. And sometimes I do it just to make sure he's clean.

blushy

Reaction score
Even though Mo does not have tail anymore, his butt needs wiping every time. I can recall only couple of occasions when did not. We use baby wipes and when run out then toilet paper. Mo is so used to it, so he normally walks straight to toilet after pooping.

If only you could train him to use the toilet, too [emoji39]

Chiana

Reaction score
If only you could train him to use the toilet, too [emoji39]

Hehhehe...that sure would be quite amusing sight. Have seen videos of cats actually doing that with flushing and all :w00t: